Race #: 14 of 36 (6-12-11)
Track Size: 2.5 mile (200 laps/500miles)
· Banking/Turn 1: 14 degrees
· Banking/Turn 2: 8 degrees
· Banking/Turn 3: 6 degrees
· Frontstretch: 3,740 feet
· Backstretch: 3,055 feet
· Shortstretch: 1,780
Top 10 Driver Ratings at Pocono
Denny Hamlin 119.2
Jimmie Johnson 105.9
Tony Stewart 102.4
Kurt Busch 101.8
Jeff Gordon 98.8
Carl Edwards 98.6
Mark Martin 96.4
Brian Vickers 93.9
Ryan Newman 93.9
Kevin Harvick 91.4
Note: Driver Rating compiled from 2005-2010 races (12 total) at Pocono.
Jeff Burton (No. 31 Caterpillar Chevrolet)
· Seven top fives, 17 top 10s
Kurt Busch (No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge)
· Two wins, seven top fives, 10 top 10s
Carl Edwards (No. 99 KELLOGG Ford)
· Two wins, five top fives, six top 10s
Jeff Gordon (No. 24 DuPont Chevrolet)
· Four wins, 16 top fives, 25 top 10s; two poles
Denny Hamlin (No. 11 FedEx Ground Toyota)
· Four wins, seven top fives, eight top 10s; two poles
Kevin Harvick (No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet)
· Four top fives, seven top 10s
Jimmie Johnson (No. 48 Lowe’s Chevrolet)
· Two wins, six top fives, 12 top 10s; two poles
Kasey Kahne (No. 4 Red Bull Toyota)
· One win, three top fives, five top 10s; two poles
Matt Kenseth (No. 17 Affliction Clothing/Live Fast Ford Fusion Ford)
· Three top fives, eight top 10s
Mark Martin (No. 5 Farmers Insurance/GoDaddy.com Chevrolet)
· 19 top fives, 33 top 10s; three poles
Ryan Newman (No. 39 Haas Automation Chevrolet)
· One win, six top fives, seven top 10s; two poles
Tony Stewart (No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevrolet)
· Two wins, nine top fives, 18 top 10s; two poles
Brian Vickers (No. 83 Red Bull Toyota)
· Four top fives, five top 10s
· There have been 66 NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Pocono Raceway.
· There was one race from 1974 through 1981, and two per year since.
· All NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Pocono have been scheduled for 500 miles.
· Buddy Baker won the first pole.
· There have been 36 different pole winners, including David Pearson who won the pole there in June 1984 but did not race; 16 drivers have more than one pole there.
· The pole has been swept just three times: Bill Elliott (1985), Ken Schrader (1993), Denny Hamlin (2006).
· Richard Petty won the first NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Pocono.
· 29 different drivers have won races at Pocono, led by Bill Elliott, with five victories; 20 drivers have won more than once there.
· There have been six season sweeps at Pocono, the last by Denny Hamlin in 2006.
· Bobby Allison and Tim Richmond each won three consecutive races at Pocono.
· 47 of 66 Pocono races have been won from a top-10 start.
· The June 2005 race was won by Carl Edwards from the 29th starting position, the deepest in the field that a race winner has started.
· Rick Hendrick leads all car owners with 11 Pocono victories.
· Mark Martin leads all drivers in top fives (19) and top 10s (33), but has yet to win at Pocono. His best finish was second, six times (most recently in August 2004).
· Denny Hamlin (8.2) and Jimmie Johnson (9.5) are the only active drivers to average a top-10 finish.