Among the enhancements, aimed to bolster the emphasis on both driver skill and team strategy, are:
- Pit stops during competition cautions are now optional, whereas they were mandatory in last year’s inaugural event.
- Each qualifying race will now be 10 laps each. Last year, each race was eight laps.
- A random draw will determine qualifying order. Last year, practice speeds dictated the qualifying order.
- Owner points will be awarded to the top five team owners whose trucks do not transfer to the main feature. Last season, teams that did not advance to the main feature did not earn owner points.
The event continues to showcase a traditional two-lap qualifying session, five qualifying races, one last-chance race and a champion’s provisional to determine the 30-truck starting field. The top 20 in owner points entering the event will have a guaranteed starting position.
The overall race procedures for the Mudsummer Classic are as follows:
· Two-lap, single-truck qualifying determines starting position for the qualifying races with random draw determining the qualifying order.
· Five qualifying races will be held at 10 laps each and only green flag laps are counted.
· Lineup for the qualifying races will be based on qualifying speeds.
· The top five trucks in qualifying will start on the pole for their respective qualifying races with four locked-in trucks (top 20 in driver points) starting in each qualifying race.
· Five trucks from each qualifying race will transfer to the feature – four locked-in trucks and one non-locked-in truck.
· Upon completion of the qualifying races, 25 trucks will earn spots in the feature race.
Last Chance Race
· The lineup will be based on finishing position from the qualifying races and the race will be 15 laps with only green flag laps counted.
· Top-four finishers transfer to the feature and start in positions 26-29.
· The 30th starting position goes to the most recent past series champion. If the position is not filled by an eligible champion, it will be assigned to the next highest finishing truck of the Last Chance Race.
· Owner points will be awarded to the top five team owners whose trucks do not transfer into the feature.
· The race will be 150 laps divided into three segments of 60, 50 and 40 laps with competition cautions at the breaks on Lap 60 and Lap 110.
· Caution laps will not count during the competition cautions and positions cannot be improved on pit road.
· Teams are not required to pit during the competition cautions. Those teams that do not elect to pit, may remain on the track and start in front of the pitting teams.
For tickets, visit: http://eldoraspeedway.ticketforce.com
General Admission: (FIRST-COME/FIRST-SERVED BASIS) * Bottom 10 rows in Turn 2 Bleachers – Sections SJ-SR * Grass Hillsides in turns…Bring your own lawn chair or blanket. ONCE ORDER IS PLACED – NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES – ORDER BECOMES FINAL
Reserved Seating: ONCE ORDER IS PLACED – NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES – ORDER BECOMES FINAL Tickets held for WILL CALL pickup require photo ID. Coolers up to 14″ permitted – NO glass bottles or alcoholic beverages. Sections SA and NF are non-alcoholic. South and North Terrace seating requires personal lawn chairs. NO Pit Passes available for this event.
The Second Annual 1-800-CARCASH Mudsummer Classic from Eldora Speedway will air Wednesday, July 23rd at 10PM/et on FoxSports1.