Procedures for the inaugural “Mudsummer Classic” – the highly anticipated NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Eldora Speedway – and it’s qualifying race scheduled to run on Wednesday, July 24 have been announced. Unlike asphalt tracks, dirt tracks have historically used a format much different than typical races and that will be the case for this event, the first NASCAR national series race held on dirt in more than 40 years.
• Five qualifying races
• Eight laps each; only green flag laps count
• Five trucks transfer from each qualifying race
• Lineup for the qualifying races will be based on qualifying speeds with four locked-in trucks (trucks in the top 20)
• The top-five trucks in qualifying will start on the pole for their respective qualifying race
• Highest finishing non-locked-in truck will transfer to race from each qualifying race
• At the completion of the qualifying races, 25 trucks will have earned spots into the feature.
Last Chance Race
• 15 laps; only green flag laps count
• The top-four finishers will transfer to the feature and start in positions 26-29
• The lineup will be based on the finish from the qualifying races